The Purpose of Work-Based Learning Education is to provide work-based experiences/apprenticeships (Paid) or internships (Unpaid) in licensed enterprises that typically cannot be obtained in the classroom.
Students will work a minimum of 8-10 hours per week in an approved job placement.
Work-Based Learning Goals and Benefits
Through Work-Based Learning, students have the opportunity to explore how classroom instruction connects to the world of work and future career opportunities.
· Offers a source of skilled and motivated future employees.
· Provides an opportunity to prepare and train future employees.
· Development of learning and workplace competencies.
· Improvement of student employability.
· Increased awareness of nontraditional career opportunities.
Requirements For Admissions
· Must be a junior or senior
· Must have obtained concentrator status (two courses within a CTE program, prior to enrollment in Work-Based Learning Program.
· Have successfully completed Business Technology Application or Career Preparedness.
· On track for Graduation.
· Must have completed an application for enrollment.
· Must have three positive teacher recommendations.
· Have acceptable attendance, grade, and discipline records, as validated by the Work –Based Learning Coordinator.
· Have participated in a student interview to review information on the application, and to discuss parental/guardian support of participating.